twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

A Brief History of Me - Childhood


My childhood was enjoyable but rather uneventful. This is a good thing because I didn’t go through anything traumatic to report, so I am lucky in that sense. My parents did a lot of fun things with Sebastian and I. We never wanted for anything and we were always doing something fun. I met Cassidy in first grade. We were instantly best friends. We were inseparable. We did everything together. We went to the zoo, the circus, the Fun Dome, Chuck E. Cheese’s, Park City, and school together. We practically lived at each other’s houses. Honestly we were more like sisters than friends. Cass and I both attended St. John the Baptist Elementary and Middle school. 

I have always LOVED reading. I read my first chapter book when I was 5 years old. I was always ahead of my class curriculum. My parents talked to the school about me skipping a grade but my school didn't allow it. I have always enjoyed school. I loved spelling, reading, math, writing, social studies, and science, basically every subject. There were times when I would correct my teacher on her grammar or her spelling of something she wrote on the board (yes I was THAT kid). I was kind of a teacher's pet and always got straight A's. 

Some of my hobbies during this time included dance and horseback riding. I have always loved horses and I thoroughly enjoyed taking horseback riding lessons. When I had been riding for about a year I had an experience riding the biggest horse at the stable, I was under the supervision of my teacher and I was told to get the horse to canter. We were going around in circles and I fell off and landed on my hip. I still remember how badly it hurt. I was bruised and swollen pretty badly. But after a little ice and rest, I got back on. The next time I got on a horse was the scariest ride for me. But I am so glad I did it because it really did show me that I should never give up (the cliche is true, if you fall off the horse you should always get back on again). I continued to ride for another year until the stables had to sell their land and move somewhere far away. Then it wasn't as convenient and I didn't ride anymore. I still regret stopping lessons; I always enjoyed riding.

I don’t have much to write about for this time period so I figured you would enjoy seeing some pictures of me when I went through my awkward chubby phase of childhood. (We all go through that phase... right?) 

Side note: Cassidy and I are in most of the pictures and so is Courtney (Cassidy's little sister) 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template