twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Brief History of Me - Middle School

People say that high school is the best time of your life. I would have to disagree. I loved middle school. For me middle school was more enjoyable than high school. Sixth, seventh, and eighth grade were my all time favorite grades. Life was so simple and fun. I had great friends. I’ll admit I was a little full of myself. Looking back I am not proud of the way I behaved at this time in my life. I was cocky and I’ll admit mean at times. But I have since changed my ways. In 6th grade I was on the middle school dance team. That is when I started becoming friends with the older girls (the 7th and 8th graders). I always got along really well with the older kids.

Dancing was something I always loved. I started dancing at a studio when I was three and danced there until I was 14. I loved dancing and I loved my studio. Cassidy danced there with me. We usually had dance three days a week for about 4-5 hours a day. Sometimes it was a lot but it was worth it. Competing was so much fun, I still miss it. When I was 12 I was dancing and I popped my knee out of place. I still remember the experience in slow motion. It felt like I had no control over my leg, and then it was numb, and then it was painful. It was so painful. My knee was so swollen that I could hardly walk. I ended up developing tendonitis in my knee which meant that I was basically always in pain after that. My knee still hurts when it's cold outside or if I have been working out. But I live with it. 

Cassidy and I remained friends throughout middle school. Some of my other close friends included: Lynsey, Mckenna, Lexi, Brooke, Kaitlyn, Cailey, Nadia, and Christian. Luckily I am a still friend with most of these girls. I was also friends with a lot of boys but didn’t have many boyfriends (looking back middle school is much too young to have a relationship anyways). We had a great group of friends and we always had fun together.

 







(Fun fact: my parents love to travel. So Sebastian and I were lucky enough to travel a lot during this time in our lives (and even still). We had been to the usual theme parks like Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, and LEGOLAND. But we also traveled to Washington D.C., Huatulco (Mexico), Cancun (Mexico), Tapachula (Mexico), and Aruba. Since then we have been to Puerto Rico, and Mexico City as well.)

Middle school was the best time of my life. I loved middle school. I had the closest group of friends. We may have been a bit of a clique but who wasn't in middle school, right? We were popular and we enjoyed it. I still got straight A's throughout middle school. I was part of the National Junior Honors Society. Life was good. And then came high school... and high school changed everything.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too got pregnant within a month of dating my boyfriend. Condom broke about the second or third time we did it and bam baby. Here we are 7 and half years later going strong and just gave birth to our second baby :) .. I've never heard anyone with similar story as me so I thought it was interesting! May not be the traditional way of doing things but I guess it works for some of us lol :)

    ReplyDelete

blogger template