twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

November 5, 2014

Anastazia,

After you were born and we had some time for skin to skin and breastfeeding, they moved us up to our postpartum room. Since I didn't have an epidural they let me ride in a wheelchair and carry you up in the elevator. You held onto my finger the whole time. :) When we got settled in mama, papa, tiko, and Henry were there along with daddy's parents and Kenzie (my cousin). Corinn (our camera lady) left shortly after. Then daddy's parents headed home too. Mama, papa, tiko, and Henry went down to the cafeteria to get dinner and to bring some up for me and daddy. It was so surreal that you were finally here. Me, daddy, and Kenzie just sat around and talked for a while. It was so relaxing having you in my arms. Kenzie had to go home after a little bit and then Cass came to see you when she got off of work. After cass left we decided to give you a bath while Henry was still at the hospital so he could watch through the nursery windows. 


They let me bathe you while daddy recorded it. You are so tiny! I can't believe how little and round your head is, and how much hair you have! I remember when Henry was born he had the biggest cone head because I was pushing him out for 2 hours, poor guy! But you came out so quick you have no cone head at all. Mama, papa, tiko, and Henry ended up going home halfway through your bath because Henry was really tired. Once you were all clean the nurse told daddy and I to pick out a bow to put in your hair. And that's when it really sunk in. We have a little girl now! It's so hard to believe that we got so lucky to have a boy and a girl. We are truly blessed. You had to stay under the warmer for a little while after your bath. When daddy and I were waiting for you in our room Kenzie showed up again! It was such a nice surprise. It must have been pretty late by that time but I don't even remember because we were having such a good time. 

Me, you, daddy, and Kenzie were sitting in the hospital room just talking about life and how crazy it was that you were finally here! Kenzie and I had talked about her being in the delivery room when you were born for a long time. So before I was induced we agreed that mama would keep Kenzie updated so that she could come to the hospital shortly before it was time for me to push. Luckily Kenzie lives close because I went from a 6 to a 9 in 10 minutes! Then by the time I was a 9 and mama let Kenzie know to come down, you were born 13 minutes later! She made it in just in time. She walked in right when you were coming out. I am so glad she got to share in that moment. Especially since she couldn't be there when mama gave birth to Knash. Anyways that first night was relaxing and so surreal. You hardly slept that night but I didn't mind because I just stared at you, talked to you, sang to you, and fed you. Oh did I mention that you had your first poop tonight? I think that's impressive.

Love,
Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template